Welcome to Luke Dalach’s BlogI live in Northwest Indiana, Crown Point to be exact, and I started to blog because I like to write and want to be helpful to others. My family and some friends are at the very beginning stage of starting a church as a network of missional communities in NW Indiana.
I mostly blog about faith - following Jesus in today's world. You can join the discussion by leaving comments.
Check out this post to find out what's up with the "Oak to Mustard" image.
Get updates for new posts
Other stuff on this blog
Our Connections and NetworksWe are missionaries/"church planters" (I prefer "disciple-makers") with the Ecclesia Network, in ministry partnership with Great Commission Ministries.
We are being coached through 3DM, and love the reproducible disciple-making framework they teach.
And of course we are a part of the Church worldwide, all of Jesus' followers, his Bride. But they don't have a website for that ;)
- Book Review – Post-Church Christian by J. Paul and Carson Nyquist
- What we’re learning about incarnational ministry, rest, and other things
- Why I’m going to the Missio Alliance gathering
- Fasting as feasting (part 4)…an extended fast.
- Using texting and social media to make disciples
- Fasting as feasting (part 3)…social awkwardness.
- Fasting as feasting (part 2)…the Daniel fast
- Fasting as feasting (part 1)…beyond dieting to fasting
- We Moved – 11 differences between Hammond and Crown Point
- Good Easter news for the Region
- Jesus wants his land back
- Church as football: from spectator to huddle to team
Excellent Grad Program!
I highly recommend the MAGL (Master of Arts of Global Leadership) at Fuller Seminary. It was an amazing experience for me- highly relational, interactive, practical and missional.
Dead dude I’m learning from- Bonhoeffer
I've been reading Eric Metaxes' biography on Dietrich Bonhoeffer lately. I usually like to read biographies before bed, but this one is too action packed to help me sleep. Bonhoeffer was an amazing mix of scholar and disciple-maker. Teacher and trainer. Love it!
Loving all things missional
Book Reflections Archive
Posted on April 5, 2013 | No CommentsI recently had a conversation with a Boomer friend…my “grandfather in the faith,” who helped my parents become followers of Jesus. He was at Moody Bible Institute’s Founder Week and...
Posted on June 11, 2010 | No CommentsI spent the first 22 years of my life in churches that taught that if you gather enough people for good bible teaching, the Great Commission will happen. I became...
Posted on May 13, 2010 | No CommentsI believe that we need to press into a missionary mindset in all areas of ministry in the Western world. This book laid the foundation for much of the explosive...